Monday 14 October 2013

Standing 1/2 Torso

Todays featured sculpture

Standing 1/2 Torso by Rugare Robin Kutinyu

1150-2

Weight: 21kg
Genre: Female
Stone Type: Wonderstone

Sculptor Information

Date of Birth: 28 December 1976
Place of Birth: Mazoe Zimbabwe
I’ve been surrounded by art my entire life. My father is an acclaimed artist that specializes in Rhino and also painted in oils. I first stared at the age of seven doing rhinos, finishing my fathers’ pieces I sharpened my hand and I sold my own first collection of birds and turtles at the tender age of ten. Since then I have been completely absorbed by animals and sculpture.
I did not play as other children did. I became lost in my own world of different techniques, the properties of different stone, and the movement and anatomy of animals. This led me to my hobby of photography (of wild animals of course), it is a wonderful feeling to see something three-dimensional, photograph in two-dimension, and recreate it into the three-dimensional in stone.
My inspiration often comes from the rock or from a particular animal that I wish to create. I used many types of media, Alabaster form America, wonder stone from South Africa, semiprecious stone from Zimbabwe, wood, wax, and even to ice sculptures. My favorite medium is spring stone and wonder stone mostly because of their contrast qualities when incorporated with wax.
I’ve only one other great love in my life, and that is his daughter Maxine, she lives in London with her mother. The pain of being separated form her is only made less by having my work to concentrate on. Like any great artist, my pain enriches and pushes me to go forward and create better and better pieces. I’ve held personal exhibitions at the safari club international “Reno” and Afridesia Gallery Red Bank New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment